• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parker bows.

basskid

ive been looking for a new bow. Hopefully under 500 bucks. I shoot left handed and short draw. I went to cabelas and the guy there had me shoot a parker buck hunter xp. It felt nice. Does any one have any experience with this bow. Good or bad. Or does any one have any other bows to check out. I want to buy from cabelas because i got a bunch of gift cards. Any advice would be great thanks

I bought a Parker BuckHunter package when I started three years ago and love it. It is fast enough and very quite with my limb and string savers as well as stabilizer. The advice I would have is to try out several bows and instead of buying a package like I did, talk to the sales people/pro shop staff and choose every item - rest, sight, peep, etc. on your own according to your own tastes. Will save you time and money down the road. Good luck.

Parker makes a nice bow. I think the Buckhunter is a 35" axle to axle bow. This is a nice length; it is still compact and yet forgiving. I have never owned a Parker but have shot a lot of them. They are quality; they just don't do a ton of advertising so not as many people have heard of them. I think they used to make that bow in a package that came with arrows and a release. Nice looking camo too (it shouldn't matter but, hey, it mine as well look nice too!).

One other thing. I have had a few minor issues with the bow at first, such as the cable guard rod popping out once. I called them and within two days, I got a new rod, screw, bottle of locktite and a hat. Great customer service and the guy (in Virgina) on the customer service line started talking bowhunting with me after we resolved the issue.