• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Greatest Pop Singles of Every Decade Since 1960

zamboni

This ones gonna be crazy.

60s- Love Me Do, The Beatles- too many Beatles songs, but this got them started

70s-Stayin Alive, Bee Gees- Not into disco at all, but this song made the 70s

80s-Billie Jean, Micheal Jackson- the guys a freak, but Thriller sold more copies than any other album for a reason

90s-Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana- I graduated in 93, and Nevermind spoke to every one in their teens and 20s

2000s-never realized how much music sucks nowadays until I tried to think of this one. Im gonna skip this one-WAIT- I will edit-

Hardest Button to Button, the White Stripes- the duo from Detroit that doesn't suck in this decade

You guys list yours, and give some reasons why.

This is tough. Ask again in an hour and I bet I can come up with 5 different songs. (especially for the 60's, 70's and 80's)

60's - Like A Rolling Stone, Bob Dylan. "Once upon a time you dressed so fine

You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?"...And just keeps on going.

70's - Born to Run, Springsteen. On the cover of Time and Newsweek in the same week.

80's - Boys of Summer, Don Henley "Out on the road today/I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac." Speaks wonders and I always liked the giutar riff

90's - One, U2. One love, One blood, One life, You got to do what you should, One life, With each other, Sisters, Brothers, One life, But we're not the same, We get to

Carry each other"

2000's - Wonderful, Everclear (I'm getting old this one is ind of tough)

Yeah I was going to throw in one by U2 off the Joshua Tree album, like Where The Streets Have No Name- but had to give MJ his respect. Thriller is/was an excellent album.

I am not into music that much but here it goes:

60's- Anything by Elvis. He was King for a reason.

70's- The Eagles. Hotel California,Take it Easy, Life in the Fast Lane

80's- Glory Days-Bruce Springstein. One of my all time favorites.

90's- Can't touch this- MC Hammer. grin.gif I can't think of anything else

00's- I don't know. I guess I like Red Hot Chili Peppers a bit crazy.gif