• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RED D0T SCOPES?

I have an inquiry in to the DNR, but another poster on the Xbow post in the deer hunting section mentioned scopes were not legal on bows and MLs. Does this apply to RED D0T scopes? I thought they were legal last time I checked. Thought the rule was no light could project out onto the animal. A laser sight does this but not a red (Contact Us Please) scope.

Harvey Lee, just got a call back from DNR. Red Dots are legal on bows during bowhunting season becasue they do not project a light outward onto the animal. That is the key. The light moving outward onto the animal. If the lighted (Contact Us Please) is in the scope it is fine.

I wasn't really wondering about ML. I like my iron sites on that. I've just been hearing good things about red (Contact Us Please) scopes from a few bowhunters in other states so thought I might check them out as my current sight is cracked.

Nope. I found this out last year or the no outward light test for anything you put on your bow when I asked if it was legal to use a pin light during early and late shooting hours in the woods. Also, I asked the pro shop manager and he said they are legal.