• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can Am Brakes

SnoManX

Has anyone had problems with the brakes screeching and shuddering when wet? You could hear me from a mile away when I touched my brakes this past weekend. I've never had this problem before when they were wet or muddy. I thought maybe I had sheared off a pad but the brakes and rotors look normal. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it might be before I tear into them.

Quote:

Has anyone had problems with the brakes screeching and shuddering when wet? You could hear me from a mile away when I touched my brakes this past weekend. I've never had this problem before when they were wet or muddy. I thought maybe I had sheared off a pad but the brakes and rotors look normal. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it might be before I tear into them.

nope that is "normal" for the can am factory brake pads, you can buy some aftermarket pads to get rid of that loud noise,,,i know it sounds real bad!! my 800 does it once and awhile. When you install your new pads shoot me an pm i can give you a good link on installing new pads, it isnt too much fun with them being inboard and all.