• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawn roller for push mower?

hoggs222

I bought one over the internet , I could not find any locally. I don't think it's allowed to say the web site on this forum but google search a lawn stripper amd I'm sure you'll find it . I paid 59.00 for it and it does a good job with the stripes but the mounting is poor as it's made to fit every mower so I had to modify it a bit . Best to mow around all curves, landscaping, flower beds first the put it on for going up and down .

It rolls just fine with the mower. I have a lawn boy 6.5 hp self propelled and it pulls it just fine but it does use more gas . I have the roller filled with sand and weight is about 20 pounds . For even better striping they recomend metal like b.talk or something and would then weigh close to 34 pounds . That might be hard on the mower . I was going to try to find something to fill with other than sand to see how it worked .

So I was curious on what a lawn stripper was so I googled it at work. Not a very good idea. Some not so family or work friendly sites came up.

Quote:

So I was curious on what a
lawn stripper
was so I googled it at work. Not a very good idea. Some not so family or work friendly sites came up.

That might be because you looked up stripper instead of striper... then you'll have some better luck...

marine_man

are you creative? pick up.

3"or 4" pvc pipe long enough to span the width of your mower

cut some end plugs from wood don't use caps or your roller won't be true.

1 - 1/2" dia. metal rod for an axle

2 bearings bushing style would be fine

some steel flat stock to creat a mount to your mower deck

drill holes centered in the pvc caps

press & screw one plug in place

insert the axle

fill the PVC pipe with sand or concrete

press & screw the other plug in place

drill axle bearing/bushing holes into one end of the flat stock

bend the flat stock into a "Z" shape so that when both pieces are put together they form a "Y" spanning the axle and ending at the mid point of the roller

attach an eye bolt at the mid point and a hook bolt centered to the rear of your mower

hook them up and you are ready to roll