• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Memorial Day Morning Pics

Hoping everyone is enjoying this Memorial day...Grey again here with a threat of rain so hit the wooded trails again this morning...each week a new species of wild flower seems to emerge...today I came across the first bunchberries and wood anemones...both add to the beauty of the north woods...

Frame_DSCF3489-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF3508-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF3499-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF3517-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCF3522-1copy.jpg

Nice work, Jonny. Great colors.

I was shooting a wedding in Bemidji this weekend and having a bit of a family reunion at the cabin there, but found time to shoot yellow ladyslippers — and some late morels that a day of rain brought out. Just got home, and have 1,300 wedding images to sort through. crazy.gif

I'll post some flowers/morels later.

Nice that you got those flowers, Jonny. They sure are a constant, aren't they? Never know when a wolf might happen by, but we can always look down by our feet for beauty.

Thanks Steve,Dbl.....I know what you mean, Steve...I'm looking for the "big stuff",moose,eagles,etc(but I've almost given up on the moose grin.gif)...and I'm getting to the point where a casual walk in the woods finding all the beauty right in front of me(plants ,flowers) even surpasses the moose anyways...it's all part of nature watching the seasons change...just "being there" is all what it's about..time to reflect ,meditate,think ,listen,watch,notice the smells of the emerging ferns(yes,a fern has it's own smell, reminds of memories as a kid grin.gif),the echoing of the various lone bird calls through the forest canopy...every day is different...always something to look forward to ......I've been watching a batch of pink ladyslippers emerge in a bog area but aren't ready to bloom yet.still aways to go...I did find a "lone" morel((not alot of morels in my area) not exactly sure of the species but I think it looks closest to a "narrow headed"(morchella angusticeps)Peterson's field guide,even then it's hard to tell... confused.gif

Frame_DSCF3462-2copy.jpg