• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The worst of the Northwest Division for many years

Scott M

With the lottery balls bounces last night I believe the future of the northwest division changed substantially. I really think the wolves will be the worst team in the division for a number of years.

Just look at who is here now:

Utah: Boozer and Williams plus AK47 and Okur....a young team

Denver: Iverson with a few good years left plus Carmelo finally getting a full year together, decent frontcourt of Camby, KMart, Nene

Portland: Back to back rookie of the years in Roy and Oden, Allstars Zach Randolph and Jamaal Magloire, other tradeable frontcourt assets (LaFrentz, or Magloire) for better guards, D. Miles, Martell Webster, Lemarcus Aldridge...they are still young

Seattle: Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Kevin Durant...these guys should try to play at a quick pace and get lots of shots...they need help in the paint though (Fortson and Wilcox)

T-Wolves: Garnett and a bunch of overpaid stiffs, Foye...old crappy team, yuck

Agree/Disagree?

The question is: Will either Seattle or Porland be able to afford these draft picks after their first contract is done?

With Seattle, the team's location is in jeopardy, and their font office makes the T Wolves look like the envy of the league.

Portland I think has much more potential to hold on to their pick, as the Blazers are the only profesional team in the city, and one with a very proud history (aside from the last 4-5 years).

Either way, with Portland and Seattle, you may have a similiar case of having one star that takes up the largest chunk of the payroll, so a mediocre supporting squad is eventually brought in.

With Denver, I wonder how long Carmello and Iverson will stay together. They just didn't click this year . . .we'll see if that changes.

As for Utah, never count a Jerry Sloan coached squad out of anything. Perhaps the most underrated (and loyal!) coaches in the NBA

Quote:

With the lottery balls bounces last night I believe the future of the northwest division changed substantially. I really think the wolves will be the worst team in the division for a number of years.

Just look at who is here now:

Utah: Boozer and Williams plus AK47 and Okur....a young team

Denver: Iverson with a few good years left plus Carmelo finally getting a full year together, decent frontcourt of Camby, KMart, Nene

Portland: Back to back rookie of the years in Roy and Oden, Allstars Zach Randolph and Jamaal Magloire, other tradeable frontcourt assets (LaFrentz, or Magloire) for better guards, D. Miles, Martell Webster, Lemarcus Aldridge...they are still young

Seattle: Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Kevin Durant...these guys should try to play at a quick pace and get lots of shots...they need help in the paint though (Fortson and Wilcox)

T-Wolves: Garnett and a bunch of overpaid stiffs, Foye...old crappy team, yuck

Agree/Disagree?

i pretty much agree with the whole post except the blazers wont have back to back ROY's. i think durant is gonna be the rookie of the year as oden will be raw, and durant is such a pure, phenomonal scorer