• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Want 15hp 4-stroke recommendations

Fly Guy

Quote:

Looking at Mercury, Yamaha, and Johnson. Any help appreciated. Thanks. It will be going on a 16 ft lund.

Between Merc and Yamaha, it's basically choose the color you want. Both are paintshakers in the off idle to mid range rpms, but running at idle and higher rpms is fairly smooth. I have a WC-16 Lund that sees about 8-10 trips a year to the local lake. I have yet to burn a full 6 gallon tank through a 25hp Yamaha 4 stroke (2003). They are good on gas, though I'm not hard on things in the first place. I ease on and off the throttle becouse I don't care to be jerked around in the boat. I don't know of anyone with a newer 4 stroke beyond Merc and Yamaha, but I don't think you would go wrong with a Honda, 'Zuki, Nissan, ect... either.

What 4stk Johnson motor above 25hp is their? Johnson only markets a 9.9, 15, and 25hp four stroke (Suzuki) and 9.9 and 15 hp 2 strokes (Bombardier) in the US, everything else is and Evinrude E-Tec. Only a mater of time before Johnson is history.

You're right.. I worded my reply poorly. That's all Johnson offers now for 4 strokes. I can't believe they'd get rid of the brand name, but it'll certainly be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

marine_man

Thanks for your responses. Went with a 2006 Yamaha 4 stroke 15hp. So far so good. Breakin at about 2 hours. Starts right up with barely a pull. I think it will work great.