• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RAM MOUNTS

dustin85

I would like to get a mount for my 06 Sportsman. I looked at the HSOforum, and saw 2 different styles, handlebar mount, and brake reservoir mount. I would like to know your opinions on either of these if you have one. I do have a winch switch mounted on the handlebar to the left of the brake reservoir if that would make a difference for anything. I am not exactly sure on which to get. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Dustin

I like the handlebar mount. you're able to slide it up or down the handlebar. I also have a flat base mount that I mounted on the back side of my front cargo box, off to the left. I use that one for a RAM spotlight and the handlebar mount for the GPS. I haven't tried the reservior mount so, I can't comment on that one. One thought, it may stick the GPS up too high and catch branches.

Thanks for the reply Dave!I was thinking that the reservoir mount might get a little crowded in that area with the winch controls, too. Did you buy locally, or order on-line?

Dustin

Here is my setup, both GM and Sportsmans carrys them. I went with the handlebar mount. It doesn't pose any problems height wise how I have it adjusted, I mounted it on the lower part of the handlebars. It is easy to see day or night.

DSCN1291.jpg

Thanks for the pic! I think that will be the way to go. I will have to stop into gander today grin.gif ...I ended up buying a handlebar mount at Scheels. I looked at Gander Mtn, but they did not have the right one.