• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Mother's Day Quandary

Any of you ladies have any suggestions about the Mother's Day Quandary most men run into on Fishing Opener? My wife isn't an angler and some day when she has kids I know it will be a problem, like it is now with my mom.

I've tried taking her out but she just won't go, and she surely won't go with me annually to Mille Lacs when it's usually low 40's with the wind blowing the rain in sideways each year. To be honest, I'm not crestfallen that she doesn't come though because it's my time to be with the guys.

Anyone know what to do besides getting the nation to flip around Father's and Mother's day?

You could always fish a lake here in wisconsin, the opener is a week earlier and then you could spend the holiday at home. Or get a nice cabin that she could spend time in while you fish. Or celebrate the holiday on a different day.

smile.gif I have the answer!! Here at Woody's Resort we are in the making of a package deal with husband and wife. The husband comes up to fish and the wife comes up to scrap-book. Then you are both together for a vacation and the guys do thier thing durring the day, and so do us girls!! Then you both can get together at the end of the day for a fish fry, or dinner out. We are on beautiful Rainy Lake - world class fishing! Home of Woody's Fairly Reliable Guide service. We have Creative Memories up here too for scrap-booking. What do you think?

Yeah, that's a tough one. I love to fish so for me it's not a big deal...as long as hubby takes me with!

If your wife loves you and understands your desire to fish....I'd say propose to her to swap Mother's Day weekend for the following weekend where you will do anything she desire for the day. Leave her a wonderful card and a big bouquet of flowers for her while you're gone.

If she doesn't care about your desire to fish...you're pretty well screwed.

Sorry. I wish you luck.

Lisa

I have been happily (most of the time) married for a little over 19 years now. We have 3 wonderful children and I haven't missed an opening weekend once. The wife knew before she married me and we had our children that I am a fisherman and I will not be home on mother's day.

It is mother's day anyway, a day for her to spend with her children. That is what I do on father's day and it works great in our family. Father's day weekend is her get-away time from the kids to do what she wants.

My wife is not my mother..My mom is happy with flowers and a card from her son. I do not have a problem on fishing mothers day with the wife. Now my sons and daughters they have a problem because their mom is their mom... grin.gif of course I don't get a present from my wife on fathers day, you see I am not her father! ( tell your wife about that and see what she says.)

Quote:

My wife is not my mother..My mom is happy with flowers and a card from her son. I do not have a problem on fishing mothers day with the wife. Now my sons and daughters they have a problem because their mom is their mom...
grin.gif
of course I don't get a present from my wife on fathers day, you see I am not her father! ( tell your wife about that and see what she says.)

I tried this six years ago when my first born was still a crumb snatcher... I'm still trying to recover from the look I got in return.

On Mother's day my wife is completely pampered by me and our children and I have the green light to go fishing with the guys on any other weekend of the year; which suits me just fine.

On the years that Mom's day is on the same weekend as the Fishing Opener, just celebrate Mother's Day the sunday Before. You won't be as distracted, and she'll get the attention she wants. Then you can go "guilt free" on the Opener!