• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finding running water has been the key to success for most so far this season but with the gates being closed at channel A some anglers will be looking for a new spot. The bridges have been producing the best for shore anglers. The guys in the boats have been having the best luck pitching jigs into 2-5 ft of water in the back warmer water bays. Pelican Lake has been one of the hotter locations and the walleye fishing has been picking up every day. Warmer weather is sure to give things a boost and in a week or ten days walleye fishing will be in full swing.

Jeff Dosch

doschguides.com

I've gotta second the Pelican report. Fished a small tourney today and didn't do well. We stayed in six mile bay and the cove to the east on the main lake (can't remember the name). Six mile was slow, only producing smaller northerns for us in about 3-4 FOW. The cove we only caught one 18" walleye. We went way in the northwest side of the cove and fished in a max of 3 FOW. The northerns went absolutlely nuts when the rain hit at about 1:45 and we couldn't keep lines in the water for about 20 mins. The winning team of three brought back 42 lbs of walleye and the word was that they went to pelican. Needless to say we didn't win, but still a fun trip for my first time on the lake.

Just got back from a few days of fishing out there. 25-35mph east/southeast winds were the norm, and made boat control and lure presentation a challenge. I was unable to fish many of my normal good spots, so was forced to do some exploration, which was good as I got to know some new spots.

Last Thursday, many of the back bays were 49 degrees with the main lake at 44, but by Saturday, everything was 43 to 44 with the wind mixing the water. We caught some nice walleyes and pike on the lee shores in Black Tiger Bay, Main Bay, and Six Mile Bay. We did the best pitching #5 shad raps and suspending husky jerks in 1-5 FOW. Also caught some nice fish on jigs and twister tails, and a few on slip bobbers and leeches as well.

Someday maybe I'll plan a trip when it isn't windy or rainy out there???

Quote:

Someday maybe I'll plan a trip when it isn't windy

You did see the sign that says you crossed in to ND, right? And you're hoping for a day when it's not windy? grin.gif

Glad to hear you managed to catch some.

marine_man

Went out to devils yesterday... the wind was managable but still a nice chop. We fished in 6 mile pretty much the entire day becuase my buddies big boat was at home. Jigs and minnows seemed to produce the best walleye bite for me, weedless also become key after the first 10 jigs i gave to the trees. We caught northern and bass in the back parts of the bay could not even keep the northerns off... our walleyes were caught more towards the mouth of 6 mile. Water temp was 49-50 at the mouth of 6 mile... and a bit warmer in the bays..