• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

State Record Broken Twice in One Night

DTro

Fishing the backwaters of the Minnesota River this evening for some White Bass (caught probably 50 in the 14-17" range).

On consecutive casts PapaGrump and myself hooked into two monster Mooneyes. His was 2lb 1oz and mine was 2lb 10oz and 20".

Looking tonight at the record, it's 1lb 15oz blush.gif

I'm pretty sure these were mooneye and not goldeyes. If so, record was broken on consecutive casts as Brian caught his first.

Fun Stuff. What a night with 7 species caught!

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Those are Goldeye for sure. Nice BIG ones too! Anal fin on a Mooneye always starts a bit behind their dorsal, whereas on a Goldeye it's even with or slightly in front of dorsal. Iris on Mooneye is silver colored, gold on Goldeyes.

Fisky

Wow those are really nice! So I guess the spring Goldeye bite is not over yet! I look for these toothy guys all around mankato. Last year I had 3 over 2lbs, but never enough for the record... Aren't they fun fish? The toothed tongue thing is just awesome.