• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ID on bird rescued today?

Bobb-o

Cant figure out what kind of bird this is. It ran into my window early this morning. and had to rescue it before the neighborhood cats could get to him. Think it is some kind of woodpecker due to the fact that that is what it acts like when it is around. It and others are always around the neighborhood, especially on the dead jackpine in the front yard. The bird also had one eye that looked as though it had a previous injury and that it can no longer use.

DSCN0878.jpg

DSCN0877.jpg

DSCN0871.jpg

looks like a hairy wood pecker to me. Hard to tell difference between hairy's and downy's without seeing the size, but I am definitely not a good birder. Hairy bill is longer than the head and downys bill is shorter than the bill. Looks like a hairy to me