• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pluggin prop vent holes.

DRH1175

I just got a 17P Rapture prop for my Yammy 115 and lund explorer 1700. Do I need to plug the vent holes or should I keep them open? It has 3. If I may need to plug them How do I do so? Any tricks? It didn't some with any plugs.

Quote:

I just got a 17P Rapture prop for my Yammy 115 and lund explorer 1700. Do I need to plug the vent holes or should I keep them open? It has 3. If I may need to plug them How do I do so? Any tricks? It didn't some with any plugs.

I have a Rapture 21P on my 17 Mr. Pike w 130 Yamaha and I did not plu the holes. The holes help give you a better "holeshot" by inducing a small amount of cavitation which does not bog the motor down. At higher rpm the exhaust goes straight through the hub and the prop bites normally. Your prop should have come with little tapered nylon plugs that you plug the holes with from the inside, so they don't fly out. I don't think you will need to plug the holes though.

You will only need to plug the holes if you motor winds up too high (cavitates) and doesn't have any bite coming out of the hole. You should be able to get the plugs at a dealer, they cost next to nothing.