• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Licence a Kayak

Hello I bought a new Kayak from Gander MT about a year and a half ago and I didnt think I had to licence it so I didn't well last year I found out that I needed to and I lost the info on the craft and now I cant figure out how To license it, the lady at counter at the licenses place told me she wasn't sure eather so what do I do? thanks

According to the DNR:

"When you register your boat for the first time, know its length, manufacturer, type of hull material (wood, metal, or plastic), type of propulsion, model, year, serial or hull identification number (HIN) and have a sales receipt that shows you have paid the sales tax."

The first time I tried to license mine, the counter lady gave me a hard time since I didn't have my sales receipt and she made me get one. The next week, I tried a different lady and she didn't require it. She just asked what I paid for it and processed the paperwork.

Quote:

According to the DNR:

"When you register your boat for the first time, know its length, manufacturer, type of hull material (wood, metal, or plastic), type of propulsion, model, year, serial or hull identification number (HIN) and have a sales receipt that shows you have paid the sales tax."

The first time I tried to license mine, the counter lady gave me a hard time since I didn't have my sales receipt and she made me get one. The next week, I tried a different lady and she didn't require it. She just asked what I paid for it and processed the paperwork.

Had the same thing happen, bought mine online from REI and

they factory shipped it. No tax since it was an internet sale. Only shipping fees. Had everything else they needed

though. including the sales slip.they had never licensed a Kayak

before in Brown county back in 98. They eventually licensed

it like canoe. But when the license came back the hull was

classified as Aluminum, was no option on my app. that gave

plastic back then. Never had any problems though, then again

never been checked either.