• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Step 1

jjohnson5150

I've noticed that my neighbors have already had thiers done by proffessional applicators with fertilizer and crabgrass controller. I plan on starting mine in a week or so. I do apply a shot of some fertlizer in the fall so I will give it a little shot along with the crabgrass control.

I'll start my commercial properties next week.

The companies that have already been out applying, chances are that they HAVE to, in order to get the route done, before they start on round 2.

They have to start now, then if they show any breakthrough with the crabgrass, or get complaints, they'll send a guy around to touch up spots with Drive 75, a postemergent crabgrass killer.

I'll be time real quick, but you're by no means late.

The instructions say to apply before 3rd or 4th mowing & March - April. I doubt I'll have to mow more than once before the end of the month.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just target the end of next week even if I have not mowed yet.

I recall the tv commercial, saying do it during halftime of your football game in the fall. Before the first snow, if I'm on the ball, I put down a winterizer or the equivalent of 10-10-10 or without the phos.

Regardless of that, I've had best luck using a generic weed and feed once the grass turns green. Sometimes it's taken a second application within a couple weeks, especially if a neighbor hasn't done anything.