• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moose

surewood

Did some scouting while I was looking for some sheds and found a dead bull moose. It had about a 42inch spread, which is cool as moose are pretty rare around here. To bad it died but still awesome to find moose antlers attached to its head looking for deer sheds.

awesome find, you should post a pic of the horns on here. I actually found a bull moose shed while looking for deer sheds last year. TOTALLY unexpected. I was pretty ecstatic though. Doesnot compare to anything like a 42 inch spread, but its a nice looking paddle. Doesnt happen often in these parts. (DULUTH) a little further north, they get quite a few, but There cant be a lot around duluth. Actually I found the paddle in Taft.

SHEDFREAK32

Quote:

Did some scouting while I was looking for some sheds and found a dead bull moose. It had about a 42inch spread, which is cool as moose are pretty rare around here. To bad it died but still awesome to find moose antlers attached to its head looking for deer sheds.

A shame that a mature bull would pass away... disease? wolf?

I'll try to post a pic when I get time to figure out how. I'm not sure what the moose died from but I would have to lean toward disease as the rest of the bones were in a relativity close proximity. Did'nt seem like the work of a wolf.