• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Remodeling boats

Bassboy1645

There seems to be alot of remodeling and other misc boat projects goign on so I thought id chime in with a few suggestions.

I did my boat last winter with floor, carpet, paint, and wiring.

When putting a floor in alot of guys like to run hoses/wire under the floor. Though convienient, think about a scenario where you need to repair or replace wires and hoses. If you take this approach make some kind of a panel/compartment/trap door big enough to access under the floor. It will save you from having to rip a section or the enitre floor out to replace the stuff. Also water likes to get under there and if you want to wire to go down there it better be sealed against the hull or ran through some tubing or something to keep it dry.

Think about every type of fishing you do and every tactic u like to throw. From there design a floor plan and draw out on paper everthign from the floor and how to build it all the way up to were the wires are gonna run and where the switches and depthfinders gps are gonna go ect. Several guys I know build a great project except they put switches on the wrong side or the rod locker is too short or they have to bend over too far to reach the radio. These things sound very minor but you'll love yourself more when everything is in reach from your chair while fishing and you dont have to make any unessacary movements.

Im no expert at this but Ive done enough projects to see a few outcomes. Sad thing is I sold my boat the summer after I remodeled it to buy my parents bigger boat. Thats got a project waiting for her grin.gif