• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buffalo

I am also interested in finding a buffalo spawning area to fish. I know they like shallow streams and backwaters off rivers/lakes but to find a specific spot would be helpful. Also the right bait is important because I know they often aren't very willing to look at most baits or eat at all for that matter around this time.

Beadhead nymphs slowly drifted in the current. Size 10-14 was the most productive. Beadhead Hares Ears worked the Best. Fished from 5-6:30 and landed 5 and missed about as that many also. If you have any other questions i would be glad to answer them.

I was fishing it as close to bottom as i could get it, but i was trying to keep it moving as slow as possible. The fish weren't as picky as i thought they would be, i broke a few lines and they still hit different nymphs.

Well I've been to a few places trying to catch a buff, no luck though the carp are biting. Bassboy, any chance you'd let me in on your spot? I'd be willing to give you some info on some of my spots for whatever species you might be looking for. I'm not able to send you a personal message though for some reason.

Sorry rivermouse, i didnt check this thread for a few days. The Buffalo left as quick as they came, and fishing for them was good only for only 3-4 days. I fished the spot today and managed 23 carp in about 1 and 1/2 but no buffalo. The biggest carp was about 9lbs and the smallest was 4lbs. Also took some time to look for some Morel's but the Mushrooms weren't as plentiful as the fish.

Quote:

Sorry rivermouse, i didnt check this thread for a few days. The Buffalo left as quick as they came, and fishing for them was good only for only 3-4 days. I fished the spot today and managed 23 carp in about 1 and 1/2 but no buffalo. The biggest carp was about 9lbs and the smallest was 4lbs. Also took some time to look for some Morel's but the Mushrooms weren't as plentiful as the fish.

In other words, you dont want to tell your fishing spot because if you wanted to, you could always still inform the location....

Quote:

In other words, you dont want to tell your fishing spot because if you wanted to, you could always still inform the location....

Dude, sharing locations via the internet is a poor, poor choice. Besides all the members of FM seeing the location, there are also tons of "lurkers" who don't post, but read the board regularily. It is best to share techniques and general locations, and if you want to share specifics, do it via e-mail. Or else, you will find your favorite spot overrun with fishermen.

Fishing Rebel, Your right i dont want to give up my spot. Here are two reasons why i wont give them out,

1) I'm 16 yrs old and i get to go fishing once a week in between school. Getting out once a week I find few spots that i can call "mine" and why would i want to give up one of them?

2)The spot is on private property, which i had to get permission to fish. It would not be very respectful to give out permission that i cant give.

I'm not trying to be mean but like other people said its not good to give spots out on the internet.

hey bassboy i respect your decision. i know the carp are biting well, have landed a few myself but still searching for those buffalo. I think they're more common south of the cities so that's one thing to consider.

Any buffalo show up at the falls in downtown Northfield anymore? Cannon River used to get a dandy run from Byllesby - must've shot a million with my bow - there's a garden at a house on 7th St. that has some real good soil... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Ahhh...the good 'ol days...