• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling motor bracket

Justfishing

I have a 16' fishing boat resort style with bench seats. I bought a transom mount and found out the wind blows the boat around to much. Next thing I did was get a mounting bracket at Cabelas to use it on the front. But that has not been the best. Can I replace the transom mount bracket with a bow mount bracket.

Why didn't it work? I have just made one for the front of My 14' lund , but have not been on the lake yet. Was there a problem with the mount, or the idea of a transom on the front. Here's a picture of what I did to mine.

[image]sunbird001.jpg[/image]

it does not provide adequate support. Yours look sturdy and well secured. Mine is not secured as it is not a permanent mount. Afraid someday I will lose it in the lake. I have a 20hp on can do in the low 20's for speed per a hand held GPS.

I was thinking that a bow mount bracket would work better. The TM would be more secure in use and when running around the lake. I might consider making one like yours though.

thats a nice looking bracket!! Did you make it your self? I have a stern mount electric I just may have to start making a bracket like that. To troll a shoreline with the electric in the back doesn't work all that well. With that braket you could take it off the back and put it on the front. Cool!! smirk.gif

I did the designing & cutting out of material, but my buddy did the welding. It's made out of a low grade stainless he had laying around in his shop. My intent was to be able to swap from bow to transom without having to get another motor and I think it'll do fine. It's bolted on with rubber mounts to have a little give & take. Thanks for the complement!