• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

canoe loader

word to the wise, my experience with the cabelas ez loader was very disappointing! I wouldn't trust it, brought it back to the store after 1 attempt.

Hi T-water

I recently borrowed one (Cabelas Canoe Loader) from a friend to use for a long trip south. I have a Chev 2500 4WD with topper, so it is a really long reach up to put a canoe up on that rack.

Anyway- I used the loader to load and unload the canoe only. But did not leave it permenantly on for travel. Along with a 3 step ladder so I could lift it up, I was able to load and unload the canoe by myself quite easily.

I was impressed enough I went and bought one of my own.

DN

Hey Folks

When I put the loader on I was shocked at how loose it was. I have 4-runner (pretty tall) the loading process was a complete joke especially with the weight of my canoe. ANyway I brought it back while at Cabelas I noticed they had dropped the price from $80 to $60, pretty sure I know why.

I posted an ad on hsolist and found a gut who sold me a canoe trailer for $150. So for $70 bucks more it think I'm finally set!

I'm glad the Cabelas loader worked for some but I couldn't imagine feeling safe or it being workable.