• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birdy by the feeder (pics included)

Steve Foss

I wanted to get out into the woods this afternoon, but other commitments prevented me. Gotta get rid of a few commitments, I reckon. grin.gif

Meanwhile, I did have time to sit in the backyard blind for a couple hours late in the afternoon, and here's what happened in front of the Canon 20D, Canon 100-400L IS at 400mm, iso200, 1/400-1/800 at f8 . . .

Male white-throated sparrow

w-t-male-feeder.jpg

Female pine grosbeak

pine-female-cocked.jpg

Male common redpoll

redpoll-male-spruce.jpg

Female common redpoll

redpoll-female-willow.jpg

Michael, you get that first administrative job and you'll be living with the rich and famous east of 21st Ave. Lots of trees and bushes in that part of Duluth! Heck, unless the black-oil sunflower seed in the feeders is roasted and peeled over on the east side, the birds don't even look twice at it. grin.gif

You can call it the Mcary Bird Sanctuary and Spa, and make birders pay $30 apiece to drive in the gates for a tour. grin.gif

My lens is six feet from the closest perch and eight feet from the farthest one. Minimum focus distance on the 100-400 is 1.8 meters, I believe, which is just under six feet.

Have fun with that 28-300L IS. Sweet glass with a lot of range. grin.gif