• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

toys?

Dahitman44

do a net search, most pet supply stores have them.

i got on from my vet years ago when my lab wouldn't stop licking her legs (hot spots). you don't need much peanut butter just coat the inside and they will work all day trying to get it out.

The kong is very popualr. You can find it anywhere. Thgey make them in different colors for different strengths. My spring is a "powerful chewer" and will need the next level up when I buy him another kong.

We also have been buying these nylon bones for chewing. They are kind of a dental thing for the dogs, but the larger ones seem to hold up pretty well.

Yet another vote for the kong and I just put a small layer of peanut butter in it and its good for a couple days in the crate with my one year old lab. As for water I actually never have yet left water in their with her but as soon as I get home I give her plenty and she seems to be doing well.

On the water subject. i keep my younger dog (8mths) in her travel kennel when no one is home and and don,t put any water in with her and haven,t with any of my dogs. never had any problems and sometimes its 10 or 11 hours. she just loves her kennel. i leave my older dog have run of the house when gone. my young dog was a real pain to house break, older one just peed on floor once and got it and all my prior dogs were easy. on potty training young one i just stayed persistant and stayed positive and gave lots of praise when doing things right and she finally got it. i teach all my dogs to potty on command for when i,m traveling and at motels.

I would recommend the Triple Crown Everlasting Fun Ball. Yea...thats the actual name so you can search it on the web. This ball has held up well to my lab.....and his kongs are fairly beat up (but a great toy).

This ball has a small hole to allow them to get treats out. It takes them a while time to get them out! It's a softer feeling rubber but still looks the way it did when we bought it (our kongs have a bunch of chunks missing). I was impressed!

The peanut butter in the kong works well....frozen is best!

Just when you don't want them bugging you!!! I will give it to them once in a while, I mix it up with other toys. Once a day is probably fine....not sure whta the calorie intake would be for peanut butter and the dogs diet (if he is on one).

And yep, DONT FORGET!!!.......unless you want to wake up to a growling...drooling dog.....standing on top of you...staring at you with his teeth showing....in the middle of the night! j/k tongue.gif