• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter II ice house

I just bought the new Otter II icehouse. I was out with it for the first time and I was wondering, How to you keep the front from coming up on a windy day? It seems my friend and I spent more time trying to keep the front of the house down then we did fishing. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

A good idea might be to shovel snow around the outside of the house if you plan on staying put for a period of time. This seems to work for a buddy of mine, not to mention it holds the heat in better. Of course this won't work too great when there isn't much for snow on the lakes.

I have not had any problem with my otter--as long as the 4 aluminum pole braces that were supplied were attached so everything is as snug as possible the top stayed put----even on the windiest of days.

jeff127

I just pack snow up around my fish trap guide to keep the wind out and put dumb-bell weights over each bottom pole on really windy days, works great for me

[This message has been edited by rap (edited 01-15-2002).]

When I bought mine I only got three poles!! So I had purchased another from Scheels for the front. I put both adjustable poles alongside the door and the shorter ones in the center of the house roof. Works great!!

------------------
Blair
[email protected]