• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

would like recommendation on new kayak,,,,,,,,,,,,

will be buying my 1st yak soon. i'm 6'2" 255lbs. i need one with a good size cockpit. some of the ones i sat in would not let me raise my legs/flex my knees. the only one that seemed big enough to move around was the old town dirigo 140 [14'] but i don't want it to be a heavy tank,i am heavy enough! are there any 12' footers out there with a big cockpit? any help appr. thanks.

I guess the first question is what do you want to do in your kayak? Is it meant for just fishing from or would you like to travel lakes and streams in it? Different lengths and hull designs can really pigeonhole its uses.

just flat water. streams,rivers,photography,a little fishing.

today i did find a 5 year old old town loon 138 13' 8". it is about what i'm looking for. same dark green as my 2 ot canoes. huge cockpit-much larger than the new loons. the guy told me this older model loon is the same as the new predator. mint shape,no scratches. about $300 will buy it. any thoughts about this model? thanks.

I have a Wilderness Systems Pungo 140, I'm a little big guy - 6-4, 260 lbs. The Pungo has a large cockpit so it is easy to get into and lay your gear around. It's very stable, tracks nice, I'd buy another one, in fact I did, I have two of them. Hope this helps.