• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Eagle Plow Standard or Country Blade?, What would you do?

SomethingFishy*

if you're doing a very long driveway with ditches on either side, the county plow. however, if you have a large open area to clear as I do, then the straight blade. I have the 60" eagle on my yamaha big bear and love it. I was going to go with the county, but for large areas, you will be angling both ways so the straight blade is better, at least in my opinion. Mine is on the wheeler right now as we speak ready to roar tonite/tomorrow/friday/saturday.......

My driveway is 150 yds long, ditch on one side, flat ground on the other. My Moose plow will angle and by doing so, I can get it to throw the snow to the side pretty well. Move it back to perpendicular and I can push the snow piles around the wide part of the drive.

I had the same dilema you are having, I opted for the straight blade and am happy with it.

I have the American Eagle Country plow and added the side guard. I can angle it to throw snow off to the side and also adjust it straight and push snow head on as well with the help of the side guard...great plow and easy hook up!

I've had both, and with the price difference of $50 you have to see if the standard blade comes with the rubber snow flap that attaches to the top of the plow? This made my decision easy as for the county plow came with the flap and you had to pay extra for it with the standard plow. You can make the windrows a little higher with the county plow, big angle side out.

Thanks for the info. I picked up the standard blade, I got everything I needed for $410 (60inch blade, Tube runner, and bracket for the machine). I already had the winch.With the size of my driveway I opted to save the $50. I never even thought about the snow flap, mine does not have it.

Quote:

That sounds like a pretty good price, where'd ya get it at? I'm in the market for one!

I picked mine up from snow plows plus in Buffalo. There HSOforum is the same as there name. Very good people to deal with and no waiting.