• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First week of June....

Hi all. How is fishing on Okoboji and Spirit around the first week of June? I am thinking of taking the family there this summer for a vacation. I will be chasing some eyes, crappies and maybe some sunnies. Its either there or maybe go down to Branson and stay on Table Rock Lake. Any input would be great. Thanks

Fishing the 1st week of June should be pretty good, especially for walleyes. Daytime bite on Big Spirit should be good, we have good luck pulling spinners with minnows, crawlers, or leeches. You may also want to try crankbaits;the night bite can be really good throughout May with stickbaits. June is normally the best bite of the year. Panfishing might be good also, sometimes the bluegills will still be spawning around Memorial Day depending on the weather/water temps during the spring. West Okoboji should be good also, however, from Memorial Day through Labor Day, the boat traffic is a bit much, unless you fish early mornings. I dont night fish on West at all between Memorial Day and Labor Day...

Early to mid June is about as good as it gets most years. You have the Spirit Lake bite, but also will be able to enjoy East and West Okoboji before the swarm of jet skis and pleasure boaters invade. Good luck.