• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KingQuad in da snow

swedishpimple

I just had to brag up the KingQuad again. We got about 9" of snow ontop of the 4"-6" leftover from October in the shaded areas around my house. I took the King out for a beat today and decided to challenge the "windrows" from the plow. The snow was about 2' deep from the windrows down into the ditch. The KQ just chewed up the snow and spit it out. I am a huge beleiver in the "diff-lock" With all 4 wheels engaged the KQ can handle snow my sled would struggle with. The wheeler was way more fun than the sled today.

Yep, my King was out plowing from 8:00am to 6:00 pm. It ceases to amaze me what these things will plow out! My driveway is 1/4 mile long, and it made short work of it.Ran all day, and used about 3 gallons of gas. I plowed several driveways today, as well as some farming areas. Maybe tommorrow I'll unhook the plow, and let the beast have a different kind of fun! shocked.gif

I'm running 27" GBC Mudhogs. My stockers sit on the shelf since new, since I think most stock tires are worthless for serious riding, and puncture easy. It's amazing what a good set of tires will do. I can make it through spots in 2wd where stockers won't go in 4wd.

I just have the stock tires. For mud, the after-market tires are a no brainer. If you want a fast quad, the stock tires are tough to beat. I have seen after market tires on the Grizzly and Prairie really hamper the ride of the machine. In any ATV review the only strike against the KingQuad seems to be the tires. Which in 06' were the same as the Grizzly I think.