• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Here we go again Cooter, walleye74, picksbigwagon , or eskay Red Ceder Questions

Well boys you did wonders for my buddies bacholar party, we went out and caught a couple of fish and everyone was happy thanks to you guys. It looks like we are going to try and find them again but on the hard water. Are the same spots good in the winter? And is oragne still the deadly color in the winter or id there another lure I should look for? Also I have never been out on the ice there and I am wondering if there are any bad ice spots I need to make sure and avoid? Thaks again for any help you can give me. Good luck on the ice!!!

well, my brother and I were there two weekends ago, 2 feet of ice, everywhere we went. We tried all the summer spots, nothing, nada, the only fish we caught was a perch in 30 feet of water. Had something big on the tip up between the two islands Northwest of Stout's island. the ridge is about 10 feet deep with 30 feet not too far from there. Saw a couple guys on the humps straight out from the campground. There are not many permanents out there, not much evidence of anglers either. My brother and I just started looking for places where someone might have fished before, it didn't work too well. we didn't fish south of stouts island, that is our goal in early june, to actually fish south of stouts island. The lake is a little clearer in the winter so I am not sure orange is the key. check with the lady at the bait shop in Minkana, she sounded helpful, it was just the fish that weren't cooperating.

Good luck, bring along some beverages, you might need them

Oh yeah, remember WI has 3 lines in the water during the winter, I would suggest putting out 2 tip ups for each guy and fishing in one hole in the house