• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can this be true?

JohnMickish

GM to buy Chrysler? General Motors Corp. is in talks to buy the Chrysler Group in its entirety, Automotive News reported Friday, citing unnamed sources in Germany and the United States. The automotive trade publication reported on its Web site that high-level talks were talking place between GM and Chrysler Group parent DaimlerChrysler AG. The potential deal between the two automakers could go beyond cooperation on joint development of a large sport utility vehicle, the magazine said. A General Motors Corp. spokesman said the company routinely has discussions with other automakers but declined to comment on the Automotive News report. "We often have discussions with automakers routinely. We don't comment on speculation regarding discussions," GM spokesman Tony Cervone said. Meanwhile, various newspapers reported earlier Friday that Chrysler and GM have held discussions for about six months about a possible alliance related to large sport utility vehicles.(MSNBC)(2-16-2007)

I think they can see Toyota coming in the rearview and are grasping at straws to stay ahead of them. But really, if GM buys Chrysler, do the dodge fans continue to buy a dodge thats really now a chevy? I don't think the Mopar people will take kindle to being forced to become bowtie boys except for maybe the minivan drivers. I am sure most minivanners don't care who makes it, unlike truck owners who do have some brand loyalty.

I heard that Chrysler was just selling off parts of thier company, not the whole thing. Go figure why the auto manufactures are having issues, when the prices are getting so high. Then they all own high buck forign auto companies, ie Mazerati, Lambourghini, Mercedes etc. When the regular car is tipping and surpassing 20k, who can afford to drop 40+ on these other arms of thier company.