• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Croix Legend Ice Rod Spring Bobber Question

rockdog23

Your all wrong.. grin.gif

Green is the stiffest and if I could find more of them I would buy them all they work for heavier baits and with the lighter lures you can add a split shot to get your lure back down to the action quicker.

I think the orange/red and pink are just to wimpy the yellow is ok.

Just bought a green (heavy) one today for my custom rod I bought yesterday. The guy that made it uses st. croix blanks, and the one I bought is solid carbon, very sensitive yet good backbone for walleyes.

I plan to try the spring bobber this afternoon- he uses the heavy and says it works great for 1/8 oz jigs. If you want more sensitive you can pull it out of the rubber grommet so it's longer, or push it back in so it's stiffer for heavier jigs.

So the Green spring is the new one for Jigging. I heard they were coming out with one a while back, I just couldn't find them yet. The yellow is the heaviest one I have (MH) and the Pink is (M). I'm going to have to pick up a couple Green springs, Does anyone have them Online to buy?

You can buy them online from St Croix's site.

Since we are on the same subject, I wonder if they will ever come out the a (UL) spring. The (L) orange one is perfect for many jigs until you start working size #14 and smaller jigs in the 1/64oz or even smaller. Hopefully that one is next. I'll guess blue for the tip color.

I bought mine at a local baitshop in the Falls. Used it tonight with an 1/8 glow jig, caught a 24.5, 21.5, 13, on that rod--it worked great. The fish came up fast to hit but I never felt a thing, just lifted up and the spring went down. I think it's safe to say I won't be fishing without it anymore.