• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

electric drill adaptors????

icefishin247

They work fine, but make sure you're using a good drill, 18v minumum. Those cheapies from discount tool sellers are no good. Also, make darn sure the chuck is good and tight or you'll end up fishing for the auger bit with a magnet or hook. Ask me how I know! grin.gif

I tried one of these a couple years ago. My experience was that they do work, but not that well. We used a 8" auger and it pretty much drained an 18V battery after a couple holes in roughly 14" of ice. I think I results would be much better with a 6" auger. One other thing, you mention an ELECTRIC DRILL. If you are in fact using an ELECTRIC DRILL with a generator you should be set.

I saw some fellows on Mille Lacs last weekend using one on a dewalt that looked to be a 18V but I was too far to tell.

They went through 30" of ice in far less time then I would have anticipated. It was really quite impressive. The best part is I didn't hear a thing.

I wished I could give you more info but I didn't venture over to investigate. I would imagine its like anything, you get what you pay for.

ShawnnyB had used his 18v drill early season with success. Then, the day came when the chuck loosened up and as the auger broke through, it dropped to the bottom in 15 FOW. The next day, I went out with him to retrieve the auger. We found the spot, drilled a few holes, and used a magnet on a pole with a rope attached to lift it up. NOT FUN! But, we got the auger back after 20 minutes or so.

This weekend, I may try using my Milwaukee V28 drill and see how it handles 24" of ice grin.gif