• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any one try this?????

deadminnowcatcher

I do this with my portable. I bring along a can of saw dust and after I set up, I sprinkle the saw dust to mark the holes. Then move the house, drill the holes, shovel the slush away and move the house back. Makes for a cleaner, leveler house. The sawdust is just organic material so there's no pollution worries.

We did this last year on URL. Just mark holes, pull forward, drill holes, back up and drop house. It's probably pretty hard to back up so the holes line up just right but it only took 2-3 guys to slide my 7X15 around on the ice to line 'em up. (that was without much snow though) It's a little bit of a pain but it's worth it not having to spend so much time cleaning holes and the floor of your house.

What I always did when tubing from a vehicle, I would push the pvc down to mark the spot then shove a 2x4 under the back wheel then pull forward drill the hole then back up to the 2x4. It works almost flawlessly for a vehicle. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

A buddy and I did this on Mille Lacs last weekend up at Shermans Flats. We marked eight holes by partially drilling them out a few inches and then pulled the house forward. We then drilled them out the rest of the way and backed the house up with one guy inside the house shouting when to stop. We were fishing within minutes. I would have to say that this worked well for us. Cheaper than an extension!

I will say if you are alone then it is tough and easier with help.

This is what I usually do with my wheel house:

Drill the holes as far as possible with the house in the air

Shovel out the junk

Lower the house and finish the holes.

works pretty well and keeps most of the wet stuff out side.

The best method is to get an Auger Mate drillnew.jpg available at Fish House Supply.

Works like a charm IMO.

Quote:

Drill the holes as far as possible with the house in the air

Shovel out the junk

Lower the house and finish the holes.

works pretty well and keeps most of the wet stuff out side.

I bet this works slick. By building up snow around the hole, then lowering the house, it will not allow air to circulate under the house and freeze up the holes. The built up snow acts as an insulator.

Good idea!