• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High Pressure, Cold!!!

jigginjerk

Well, I'm no die hard, but I've been out everyday with the exception of 4 since Dec. 22. The fishing tends to be very stable and more predictable with the full moon than I expected. I tried a lake on Sat with good luck on crappies after dark, another lake last night with fair luck, Both nights the fish showed up at around 7, and continued til I left at 8:30. Last night I kept 3 about 11-12 inchers, and released about 10 smaller and a few bigger. Heading to another different lake this afternoon (after school) to try some walleye fishing. Getting pretty easy to distinguish the female walleyes from the males, as their bellies are hanging low, tight full of spawn! lots of opportunity for ice fishing left! As we head into spring the fish tend to get more active feasting and fattening up to finish out their life purpose (spawning).

My bro and I went out last night (yes I know we missed the first half of the super bowl...but until the Vikes are in it I would rather fish).

We marked a lot of fish over 40 ft of water...but they were lock-jawed. Tried everything...minnows, minnow heads, waxies, plastics, small, big, active presentation, dead still...the best was when we completly let the waxie sit still. They were the lightest takes I have seen for a while.

I wonder if we left before they turned on? Left at 7ish.