• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Patio Door Squels

IT Guy

When it is as cold as it is out now my sliding patio door slides very hard and squeals very loud. Any idea why and how to make it stop? The squeal is coming from the top of the door and not the bottom.

Thanks!

Keep it closed and it wont squeel laugh.gif Depends on the door. Some have levelers on the bottom which will allow you to make the door more level plus either lower or raise it a pinch. Maybe lowering it one turn incriment will help. You might be able to lift the the door and pull the bottom toward you to remove it to see what the top looks like. My guess is the rough opening is to tight and the top may be binding when it get real cold or the casters are just freezing.

Not opening the door is a good idea. It will be quiet but then I will have to clean up dog pee. The squeal seems like less of a hassle.

I will try the adjustments. It almost sounds like a friction squeal on the sides near the top. Not the very top of the door. Vasoline fixed it down to 0 degrees.