• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
UGUIDE

Anybody shot the Rem 30-06 "Accelerator?? 55Gr.

Wondering if anyone has shot this ammo through their 30-06 and compared against standard deer loaded like Premium 30-06 165 Grain?

I was looking into varmint guns but to jump up to a centerfire is bigger $$$. The ammo is $30/box vs. a new gun is about $1000.

I guess the round compares with 22-250 performance as far as trajectory and FPS (around 4000).

Any experience feedback would be much appreciated!

Chris

I shot them lots fox hunting years ago when they first came out! They don't cycle very well in a semi auto as the sabot that holds the bullet tends to catch. They did work well in a bolt action! I don't remember the ballistics but do remember they were fast and effective on fox!

The thing i did not like was having to resight the rifle when i went back to 180 gns.

Thanks TTF, the 06 is a Benelli R1 Argo semi-auto and I was afraid about the "not cycling". I plan to shoot this weekend and will try the fusion 165 grain, Rem 125GR and the 55GR. I was hoping to leave scope set for 165's and just compensate with accurate yardage readings and adjustments.

I'll report back!

I use the accelerators in my 30-06 and really like them, killed a pair of coyotes in Iowa last year with them. One was 475 yards and the other was 455 yards. It was quite to my surprise when I first shot and held the crosshairs about 18 inches above and shot over him. The next shot was right on shoulder holding about 10 inches over the top. There was another that then came out of the weeds to see what all the noise was about and aimed about ten inches over her shoulder and dropped her in her tracks. There was no wind and was shocked how consistant each round was at that range. The only draw back of them are they cost about $25 - $30 a box. I now have a 22-250 so I resighted my 30-06 back to 165 grain bullets and only had to adjust up about 15 clicks. No windage adjustment was needed.

I might have to try a box of them!!! I have a 30-06 that I rarely shoot because of the kick butt recoil, but I'd like to be able to reach out and pick off a few coyotes and cats that I see wandering my field edges.

Well, pretty good performance it sounds like and just the ticket for putting in my 30-06 for varmints. Makes the $30/box a pretty good trade-off vs. $1000 rifle and scope.

I didn't get to shoot it this weekend as the temps were a little too cold for my liking. Much time spent stoking the fire. We hit -23 degrees on Sunday.

Jeremiah, I was able to shoot either. I don't know how the 125's work but I would venture them to not be a problem as they don't sport the goofy little jacket that goes around the bullet on the 55's.

Anyone else out there have feedback on the 125 gr. having cycling issues in the semi-autos?

PS. Love that movie!

I used the 125 gr from Remington earlier this year. Took one coyote at 90 yards right behind the front shoulder. Had about a dime size entrance hole and a quarter size exit hole. Not a lot of expansion on the pointed soft point. Was shooting a Remington 700, can't help with how they cycle in the semi-autos. I was going to try the 55gr bullet, but heard a lot of talk about flyers so I opted to stay with the 125's.