• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coyotes with dogs?

dstrey

I was just wonderin if anyone uses dogs for coyote hunting, or if you call for them. Also wondering if anyone has had any luck lately, thinking of going out friday night or saturday morning. smile.gif

Several FMers use hounds for yote hunting, myself included. Check out the 'Hounds' thread in the Hunting Dogs forum. Calling wise, I haven't been out, think there's a post or two in the deer-bear-varmints, etc forum. Calling should be good about now, they're pairing up.

My brother went over to Central Wisconsin and hound hunted for coyotes after the last fresh snow. They got 3 coyotes the morning he went out. Sounded like fun. I bought a remote caller last winter, but the few times I've tried it, nothing has responded. I tried sitting in a fence row one night after listening to coyotes howling on the hillsides around. All I had with was my mouse squeek mouth call. I watched two does approach to within 5 feet of me before I decided to flip the light on and scare them off. No luck on the coyotes that time either. Seems I only get them accidentally when I'm deer hunting.