• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Okoboji Bass

West Okoboji gives up some great largemouth and smallies each year. Spirit Lake is another excellent choice for smallmouth. Spring of the year (April and May) would be excellent choices for when to chase them.

I was out on West Okoboji this past summer doing a little muskie fishing over by emerson bay and brought my bass stuff along as well. After fishing skies for a while decided to throw for some bass. Started of with the rattle trap out over some weed beds and caught a few. Finally got close enough to the docks and started throwing a spinnerbait and started to nail em. Caught a lot of fish that day all were in the 1 to 2lb range. It was a blast. I love bass fishing down at the lakes and look forward to getting down there again this year

i have had some good luck on Spirit for smallies the three weeks before the walleye opener down there. mostly pitching jigs around rocks. have also caught some on west lake between eagle and pocahontas points. and from seeing them ice fishing and catching a few there are some really nice bass in both lakes. my best advice to someone new to the igl area is to get a good map and study it because there are too many good spots on there to mention and try.