• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing Hayes Lake

Koerbs

I've never done any hard water fishing at Hayes, but I have rowed my boat around in the first half mile of lake just above the dam. The lake area just above the dam has the most structure in it, although there may be good fishing areas in the original river course further upstream... No gas motors on the water during the summer. Maybe you'll have to use a hand auger to drill your holes? confused.gif

Very good detailed maps are available at the DNR's Lake Finder site online. And the state park office at Zippel Bay state park is probably staffed during the morning hours. Should be able to get good info there, if the Hayes office is closed during the winter.

Good luck.

I know there's a few people who regularly ice fish at Hayes but as far as catching much I rarely hear good reports. I know there's some good sized crappies out there but their difficult to find. I know you can snocat in the park and you should be able to use a power auger, the Wannaska Lions have a trny out there each year and drill a bunch of holes.

Have you been back to Buffalo Bay lately?