• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires?

DRH1175

I am looking at a kingquad it comes with Dunlop as stock tires. What is recommended for this quad. I was thinking of upgrading to like a ITP tire. But not sure If I was better to keep the stocks. I don't know much about tires. All I know is a good all around tire for here in MN is what I would like. I won't be doing any mudding. Just hunting, fishing and yard/ field work.

ITP 589, Kenda Bearclaws, Mud Bugs, are a few to look at.Mudlights are popular, but wear fast.589's wear like iron, and are fairly common. I've got GBC Mudhogs on my Kingquad 700 and have had really like the tire.I've got 1200 miles on them,and they have barely worn.

You are probably getting Dunlap KT 121's in the front and KT 127's in the rear. Based on the type of riding you are talking about, I would run the tread off of them and then buy your ITP's. There is no reason to spend more money on a different set of tires. The Dunlaps are decent all-around tires, though they are only two-ply. If you need something specific, then spend the money. If not, put the money in the bank.

Personally, I will be looking for new tires sometime this year. I have always like ITP's, but I may try some Maxxix Bighorns for a change.

Good luck.

I personally wouldn't ride 10 feet on the stock tires. They're junk. I had a Vinson 500 with Dunlop KT's on it and had some bean stubble go through a tire within 1/4 mile. I immediately upgraded to the Kenda Bearclaws. No complaints with these tires in the stock size. They made a world of difference.

I bought them through a well known place in Cambridge (DK). Not sure that I can post the name here. But the initials should give it away. I found a better price somewhere else, but DK matched that price after I e-mailed them the ad.

Either way, any tire other than stock will be a good choice.

I thought that about the tires. I may just upgrade than to something better. I have looked at some of the above tires you guys mentioned and they do look by far better than the stock Dunlops. How are the Polaris PXT tires? Thanks for all of the help?