• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DRH1175

Tires?

I am looking at a kingquad it comes with Dunlop as stock tires. What is recommended for this quad. I was thinking of upgrading to like a ITP tire. But not sure If I was better to keep the stocks. I don't know much about tires. All I know is a good all around tire for here in MN is what I would like. I won't be doing any mudding. Just hunting, fishing and yard/ field work.

ITP 589, Kenda Bearclaws, Mud Bugs, are a few to look at.Mudlights are popular, but wear fast.589's wear like iron, and are fairly common. I've got GBC Mudhogs on my Kingquad 700 and have had really like the tire.I've got 1200 miles on them,and they have barely worn.

You are probably getting Dunlap KT 121's in the front and KT 127's in the rear. Based on the type of riding you are talking about, I would run the tread off of them and then buy your ITP's. There is no reason to spend more money on a different set of tires. The Dunlaps are decent all-around tires, though they are only two-ply. If you need something specific, then spend the money. If not, put the money in the bank.

Personally, I will be looking for new tires sometime this year. I have always like ITP's, but I may try some Maxxix Bighorns for a change.

Good luck.

I personally wouldn't ride 10 feet on the stock tires. They're junk. I had a Vinson 500 with Dunlop KT's on it and had some bean stubble go through a tire within 1/4 mile. I immediately upgraded to the Kenda Bearclaws. No complaints with these tires in the stock size. They made a world of difference.

I bought them through a well known place in Cambridge (DK). Not sure that I can post the name here. But the initials should give it away. I found a better price somewhere else, but DK matched that price after I e-mailed them the ad.

Either way, any tire other than stock will be a good choice.

You must be talking about the DK in Rush City, not Cambridge? And DK is not the cheapest place around by far, but they claim to price match.

I thought that about the tires. I may just upgrade than to something better. I have looked at some of the above tires you guys mentioned and they do look by far better than the stock Dunlops. How are the Polaris PXT tires? Thanks for all of the help?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Isn't 15 amps the breaker size for 14 gauge wire?
    • Forsythe Not too shabby.
    • Sorry but that's possibly as dangerous of advice as you could give.  You NEVER put in a breaker of higher amperage than the wire on the circuit is rated for. Hopefully you were being facetious? 🤔  
    • Your AC unit should have the Amp rating on it.  The RLA should be the lowest, and the normal running Amp load.  The unit will spike though when it starts the compressor.  That’s when you’ll risk tripping the breaker if the circuit is overloaded.  I’m a little rusty on my tech skills but it should go this:   RLA = Run load Amps or running. FLA = Full load Amps or starting. LRA = Locked rotor Amps or when the compressor own internal over load will trip.   If you have other appliances on that same circuit and they’re running, you should add up their Amp load and try to keep it below 15 on a 20 Amp circuit.  17 would be pushing it.
    • Any idea what gauge wire you have going to the outlet?  In most garages 14 would be the lightest and even that should should handle a 30 amp breaker: if worried about it just replace the 20 amp breaker.
    • I don't know if your pressure washer has changeable tips?  They are to find but I found a 0 degree blast tip for mine and that thing will chew up some stuff. 
    • depends on how many things are off the out let too I would think..
    • I want it out because I am going to repatch it with concrete and then cover the whole garage floor with a cement based resurfacer to get rid of the shallow pitting that's all over where cars park.  Then it's epoxy paint.     I think it's silicone based.  It's tough as heck but it's not hard like I would expect epoxy to be.  It has some level of bounce to it.  Not much.   The floor is really clean and just a tiny oil spot.  I'll let you know if I need a scubber.  Thanks for the offer.
    • NORTHWEST IOWA FISHING REPORTS Black Hawk Lake
      Water temperatures are in the upper 70's. Water levels are 3 inches over the crest of the spillway. Bluegill - Slow: Try Town Bay, Ice House Point, and the North Shore. Use a small hair or tube jig with a small piece of crawler fished under a bobber in 5-6 feet of water. Target deeper fish this time of year on the rock piles near Gunshot Hill, Cottonwood Point, and the East Basin. Walleye - Slow: Try leeches or crawler harnesses around Ice House Point, the dredge cut near Denison Beach, and around the rock piles near Gunshot Hill, Cottonwood Point and the East Basin. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Catch largemouth all over the lake using traditional bass lures. Many anglers have found good bass action at the Ice House Point, the east shoreline, and the lake side of the inlet bridge. There is a 15 inch minimum length limit on largemouth bass in Black Hawk Lake.  Channel Catfish - Fair: Use stink bait, cut bait, or crawler fished on the bottom along Ice House Point and in Town Bay, and anywhere along rocky shorelines.  Brushy Creek Lake
      There is a 15 inch minimum length limit on largemouth bass in Brushy Creek Lake, and a 40 inch minimum length limit for musky. Walleye - Fair: Use minnows and leaches in 15-20 feet of water. Black Crappie - Fair: Try a small piece of crawler or minnow on a jig in 10-20 feet of water. Yellow Perch - Fair: Find perch along the vegetation and deeper structure. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Catch bass along weed lines near shore just about anywhere with traditional bass lures. There is a 15 inch minimum length limit on largemouth bass in Brushy Creek Lake. Bluegill - Fair: Anglers are picking up bluegills in 15-20 feet of water.  Storm Lake (including Little Storm Lake)
      Storm Lake has a daily limit of 3 walleye and all 17- to 22-inch walleye must be released; no more than one walleye longer than 22 inches may be taken per day. Walleye - Fair: Boat anglers are picking up fish trolling crankbaits or drifting crawler harnesses on the edges of the dredge cuts around the lake in about 8 feet of water. White Bass - Fair: Use crankbaits; most action has been from boat while fishing dredge cuts. Channel Catfish - Fair: Fish stink bait, leeches, and crawlers on the bottom.  Water temperatures in Black Hawk District lakes are in the upper 70's. For more information, contact the Black Hawk District office at 712-657-2638.   Beeds Lake
      Black Crappie - Fair: Drift fish or troll with a tube jig or small minnow. Yellow Bass - Fair: Drift fish or troll with a small jig.  Clear Lake
      Surface water temperature is 77 degrees. Walleye - Good: Jig a minnow or leech above submerged vegetation in 6 to 10 feet of water. Channel Catfish - Good: Use cut bait or crawlers fished after sunset. Black Crappie - Good: Try a jig and minnow near the deeper submerged vegetation. Yellow Bass - Excellent: Drift or troll a small jig tipped with cut bait in 6 to 8 feet of water until you find the fish.  Crystal Lake
      Largemouth Bass - Fair: Bass are biting topwater baits. Black Crappie - Good: Drift or troll small tube jigs in the dredge cut.  For information on the lakes and rivers in the north central area, contact the Clear Lake Fish and Wildlife office at 641-357-3517.    East Okoboji Lake
      Yellow Bass - Good: Excellent bite continues with good numbers of fish being caught. Cast mini-jigs or hair-jigs or use small baits tipped with wigglers. Walleye - Good: Numbers of fish are being caught with traditional baits; good numbers of yellow bass are mixed in with the catch. Bluegill - Good: The bite has fluctuated with the changing weather, but persistence will be rewarded with good numbers caught.  Lake Pahoja
      Bluegill - Good: Recent surveys show good numbers of large angler size fish in the lake.  Lost Island Lake
      Walleye - Good: Walleye action has improved; reports of the best action in areas with flow. Yellow Bass - Good: Reports of yellow bass being caught with black crappie and yellow perch mixed in the catch. Use small lures such as a twister tail or hair jigs. Channel Catfish - Good: Anglers report catching large channel catfish after dark.  Bluegill - Good: Recent surveys show numbers of fish about 7 inches in the lake. Black Crappie - Good: Recent surveys show numbers of angler acceptable size fish up to 10 inches in the lake.  Spirit Lake
      Walleye - Fair: The walleye bite has slowed, but persistence will be rewarded with good catches of fish. Yellow Perch - Good: Good numbers of angler acceptable size yellow perch are being caught shallow; start on the outside line of the weed beds. Bluegill - Good: Reports of bluegill, crappie and yellow perch being caught in the Illinois Pondweed in 8 - 10 feet of water. Use a slip bobber and jigs to fish fast and find active fish.  Trumbull Lake
      Yellow Perch - Fair: Anglers fishing from a boat or kayak report some perch action from the lake. Tuttle Lake
      Walleye - Fair: Use crankbaits in the basin. West Okoboji Lake
      Bluegill - Good: Rock piles in deeper water with stands of aquatic growth will produce good numbers of angler acceptable sized fish.  For more information throughout the week, contact the Spirit Lake Fish Hatchery at 712-336-1840.
    • NORTHEAST IOWA FISHING REPORTSD Big Woods Lake
      Reports of anglers catching crappie. Black Crappie - Good: Try fishing various depths near structure with a slip bobber and minnow or jigging colored tube jigs.  Casey Lake (aka Hickory Hills Lake)
      Casey Lake is in good condition with clear water. Vegetation remains abundant around edges, but it is starting to die back. Catfish, bluegill, crappie and bass are biting well. Largemouth Bass – Fair: Best bite is mornings and evenings. Bluegill – Good: Try fishing various depths with a piece of crawler under a bobber near the edge of weeds or structure. Channel Catfish - Good: Catfish are biting on a variety of baits. Best bite is early morning and late evening. Catfish size has been excellent. Black Crappie - Fair: Jig tube jigs or fish a minnow under a bobber near structure in the lake towards the dam area.  Cedar River (Nashua to La Porte City)
      The Cedar River continues to improve. Smallmouth Bass – Good: Cast artificial baits along rocky shorelines. Walleye – Good: A jig tipped with a half crawler and twister tail is a deadly combination this time of year. Channel Catfish – Excellent: Use stink baits in the top or upstream end of log jams. Flathead Catfish - Fair: Fish the larger snags with live bait.  Maquoketa River (above Monticello)
      The Maquoketa River is in excellent condition. Smallmouth bass and walleye fishing should be good throughout Delaware and Jones counties.  Martens Lake
      Expect to fish through and around vegetation. Adjust tactics as needed, including heavy baits or topwater options. Reports of some quality size bass being caught. Largemouth Bass - Good: Use weedless artificial lures with the dense vegetation. Try also topwater frog imitation baits.  Shell Rock River (Greene to Shell Rock)
      Reports have been good for walleye, smallmouth bass and some northern pike. Walleye - Good: A jig tipped with a half crawler and twister tail is a deadly combination this time of year. Northern Pike - Fair: Float a live chub or shiner under a bobber or cast larger artificial spoons or lures. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Cast crankbaits along and near rock shorelines.  Wapsipinicon River (Tripoli to Troy Mills)
      The Wapsipinicon River continues to fall in Buchanan County; conditions have vastly improved. Reports of anglers doing well on northern pike on the Upper Wapsipinicon in Bremer County. Northern Pike - Good: Cast large bucktail spinners.  All interior rivers received some rain, but some more than others. The Cedar and Shell Rock in Butler counties remain in good condition and anglers are doing well. The Wapsipinicon and Maquoketa Rivers remain a bit high and mudd. Trout streams remain in excellent condition. Call the N.E. Iowa district office at 563-927-3276 for more information.   MISSISSIPPI RIVER FISHING REPORTS IOWA, WISCONSIN & ILLINOIS Mississippi River Pool 9
      River level is 8.3 feet at Lansing and is expected to remain steady. Water temperature is near 81 degrees. New Albin ramp road is open. The Lansing Village Creek ramp is closed through October.  For more updates, call the Guttenberg Fisheries Management office at 563-252-1156. Walleye - Good: Water levels are at a good level to find walleyes on wing dams. Use a 3-way rig with a floating jig and a worm. Yellow Perch - Fair: Perch bite has been spotty, but some nicer ones are being caught with live minnow rigs. Northern Pike - Good: This time of year pike are attracted to cooler water coming in from springs and tributaries. Channel Catfish - Good: Try cut bait or stink bait in the main and side channel borders. Largemouth Bass - Good: : With lower water levels, bass will be pulling out to wing dams and structure along the main channel. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Find smallmouth along shorelines in slight current off rocky points. White Bass - Fair: Cast flashy spinners or crankbaits along the rocks in main channel current for big white bass. Bluegill - Excellent: Use light tackle tipped with small piece of worm under a bobber in 4-6 feet of water. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Freshwater drum are actively biting in areas of current. Drop a heavily weighted worm rig into the current for some big fish action. Black Crappie - Good: Try tube jigs or minnow under a bobber in submersed trees in the backwater sloughs.  Mississippi River Pool 10
      River level is 14.7 feet at Lynxville and is expected to fall slowly to 14 feet. Water temperature is 82 degrees at the Lock and Dam 9. Sny Magill ramp is open. Walleye- Fair: Water levels are at a good level to find walleyes on wing dams. Use a 3-way rig with a floating jig and a worm. Yellow Perch - Fair: Perch bite has been spotty, but some nicer ones are being caught with live minnow rigs. Northern Pike -Good: This time of year pike are attracted to cooler water coming in from springs and tributaries. Channel Catfish - Good: Try cut bait or stink bait in the main and side channel borders. Bluegill - Good: Panfish bite is picking up this week. Try a small piece of garden worm on small tackle under a bobber. Common Carp - Good: Carp are on the move with the high water. To hook into a big one, try fishing the warm shallow backwaters where carp are staging for the spawn. Largemouth Bass - Good: With lower water levels, bass will be pulling out to wing dams and structure along the main channel. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Find smallmouth along shorelines in slight current off rocky points. White Bass - Fair: Cast flashy spinners or crankbaits along the rocks in the main channel current for big white bass. Bluegill - Excellent: Use light tackle tipped with small piece of worm under a bobber in 4-6 feet of water. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Freshwater drum are actively biting in areas of current. Drop a heavily weighted worm rig into the current for some big fish action. Black Crappie - Good: Try tube jigs or minnow under a bobber in submersed trees in the backwater sloughs.  Mississippi River Pool 11
      River level is 6.2 feet at Guttenberg and is expected to fall slowly and stabilize near 5 feet. Water temperature is 76 degrees at Lock and Dam 10. Walleye - Fair: Water levels are at a good level to find walleyes on wing dams. Use a 3-way rig with a floating jig and a worm. Yellow Perch - Fair: Perch bite has been spotty, but some nicer ones are being caught with live minnow rigs. Northern Pike - Excellent: This time of year, pike are attracted to cooler water coming in from springs and tributaries. Channel Catfish - Good: Try cut bait or stink bait in the main and side channel borders. Largemouth Bass - Good: With lower water levels, bass will be pulling out to wing dams and structure along the main channel. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Find smallmouth along shorelines in slight current off rocky points. White Bass - Fair: Cast flashy spinners or crankbaits along the rocks in main channel current for big white bass. Bluegill - Excellent: Use light tackle tipped with small piece of worm under a bobber in 4-6 feet of water. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Freshwater drum are actively biting in areas of current. Drop a heavily weighted worm rig into the current for some big fish action. Black Crappie - Good: Try tube jigs or minnow under a bobber in submersed trees in the backwater sloughs.  Upper Mississippi River levels are leveling off this week with good water clarity, but lots of vegetation present. Boaters should use caution with the lower water with wing dams and sandbars now at or just below the water surface. As water levels settle back to summer lows, look for fish along side channels as the temperatures warm up. Water temperatures are in the upper 70's to low 80's.   Mississippi River Pool 12
      Water levels are 6.1 feet at the Dubuque Lock and Dam and 8.6 feet at the RR bridge. Expect water levels to drop slowly this upcoming week. Water clarity is good. The water temperature is around 81 degrees. Channel Catfish - Excellent:Try stink bait or worms near shore. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Most anglers use a simple egg sinker and worm rig. Drum will be hanging out relatively near shore in moderate current areas. Largemouth Bass - Excellent: Largemouth bass are being caught along flooded weed lines and in weedy backwater using lures like scum frogs.  White Bass - Good: Look for schools of white bass feeding on the surface in the morning and evenings. Bluegill - Good: Try along the vegetation lines in 4 to 6 feet of water. Flathead Catfish - Good: Current areas along rocks are starting to again produce some nice eating sized flathead catfish. Walleye - Good: Use crankbaits on the wing dams. White Crappie - Good: Try small minnows in newly exposed brush piles along major side channels or deeper backwater areas. Smallmouth Bass - Good: Use spinners or crankbaits along rocky areas with strong current.  Mississippi River Pool 13
      Water level is 6.5 feet at the Bellevue Lock and Dam. Expect water levels to recede this upcoming week. Water clarity is good. The water temperature is around 82 degrees. The north ramp at Sabula is not in use this year due to bridge construction.  Channel Catfish - Excellent: Try stink bait or worms near shore. Move often if you are not finding catfish. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: The drum bite is on. Fish worms with an egg sinker in moderate current areas. Fish near the shorelines if possible. Largemouth Bass - Excellent: Most are feeding along the edge of weed lines. Use a bright colored spinner that imitates minnows. Try also frog imitation lures in the weedy backwaters. White Bass - Good: Look for feeding schools of white bass in the morning and evenings. Small spinners and white jigs work best. Bluegill - Good: Bluegills have returned  to the creel. Try fishing along vegetation lines in 4 to 6 feet of water. Flathead Catfish - Good: Try live bait in high current areas or above large brush piles.  Smallmouth Bass - Good: Focus on rock lines and piles with strong current. Spinners, jigs and crankbaits work best. White Crappie - Good: Some nice crappies were reported coming out of deeper backwater areas along newly exposed brush piles.  Mississippi River Pool 14
      Water levels are 6.1 feet at Fulton Lock and Dam, 10.2 feet at Camanche and 5 feet at LeClaire. Expect water levels to drop this upcoming week. Water clarity is fair. The water temperature is around 82 degrees. Channel Catfish - Excellent: Try stink bait or worms near shore or along brush piles. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Use a simple egg sinker/worm rig in moderate current areas. Find fish near the shoreline in flooded conditions. Largemouth Bass - Good: Bright colored spinners fished along flooded shorelines are picking up some bass. White Bass - Good: Some schools of white bass have been seen in the tailwater area. Use bright jigs or flashy lures. Smallmouth Bass - Fair: Focus on rock lines and rock piles with strong current. Flathead Catfish - Good: Some flatheads are hitting crankbaits and jigs along rocky areas. Anglers are using live baits on trot lines with some success. Bluegill - Good: Lower ends of Rock Creek and Catfish Slough have produced some nice bluegills; mainly using worms and bobbers. White Crappie - No Report: Try newly exposed brush piles with small minnows and jigs.  Mississippi River Pool 15
      Water levels are 6.3 feet at Rock Island. Expect water levels to drop this upcoming week. Water clarity continues to improve. The water temperature is around 82 degrees. Channel Catfish - Excellent: Try stink bait or worms near shore. Freshwater Drum - Excellent: Use an egg sinker and worm rig fished near shore in moderate current areas. Flathead Catfish - Good: Use live bait above large dead falls. Smallmouth Bass - Fair: Try spinners, jigs and crankbaits in rock lines and piles with strong current.  Water levels are receding throughout the district. Levels are below what anglers have seen in a few years. Be careful boating; many underwater hazards are now exposed. If you have any angling questions, please contact the Bellevue Fisheries Station 563-872-4976.