• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rabbit recipes

My Dad used to dredge in seasoned flour and partially fry them till the breading turns golden, then transfer to a roasting pan with a tablespoon of olive oil spread on the bottom, slice up a large onion and layer over the top of the rabbit and 'oven fry' at 325 till it's very tender. It was incredible! Some day I gotta get back after some cottontails and try making this agian.

Good Luck!

Ken

Labs,

That sounds pretty much like we used to do all the time down in Arkansas. I can remember my first rabit hunt, and can clearly remember the feast afterwards. A lot of people up here look at you funny when you say you have had rabbit, but they are pretty darn tasty when you cook em up right.

Salt & pepper to taste,brown in fry pan till good & brown add cup or 1&1/2 c. whole milk simmer on medlow . till milk fat is brown and all liquid is gone just milk fat left and bunnie MMMMM I do squirrel the same way. Ya to start browning use 2 tbsp oil blush.gif