• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

potty training?

Dahitman44

My 9-month old pup still has trouble "asking" to go out like his 10-year old cousin does. I am NOT trying to compare the two -- that is a big age difference, but shouldn't the pup start "getting" it?

Any thoughts as to how to help him figure it out? Just continue to take him outside more? Sometimes I let him out and he stands by the window for a while then I bring him in and five minutes later he pees -- never has [PoorWordUsage]ed -- on the floor.

Thoughts?

One things that kinda happened by accident with my pup is he sits at the door. He is a springer and they are aptly named. He would always jump and scratch the door when I was going to let him out or in. I made him SIT properly before I would let him in or out. Now when he wants out he thinks the routine is to sit at the door and get my attention. This has stopped his attacks on the doors and it helps me know when he wants out instead of just hanging out by the windows.

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. Picked up my pup yesterday. She cried for 15 minutes, then went to sleep and has been calm and mellow, playful at times and sleepy mostly. Here's the kicker-She hasn't had an accident yet in two days and knows to go outside in her special spot every time we take her. And she already fetches toys. Are we lucky or what?