• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SLAB CRAPPIES

thunderbrave

FOUND SOME 13"L WITH 2" GERTH CRAPPIES IN 30FT OF WATER ON 1-16-07 8FT OFF BOTTOM FINIKY....BUT WAS ABLE TO HARRASS THEM TO BITE WITH A SMALL JIG AND A 3/4 INCH GOLD SPINNER 6" ABOVE THE HOOK....HAD TO PICNCH THE TAIL OFF AND MAKE SURE SOME ENTRAILS WERE HANGING... BUT THEY WERE SLABS...HOPE THIS HELPS FOR TIPS ON FINIKY BIG'ONS

Quote:

HAD TO PICNCH THE TAIL OFF AND MAKE SURE SOME ENTRAILS WERE HANGING...HOPE THIS HELPS FOR TIPS ON FINIKY BIG'ONS

No wonder I don't catch any big ones! I've been using whole minnows! I'll let the entrails hang out next time grin.gif Congrats on the slabs!

grin.gif Sounds like you had a great time. I think yesterday was an awesome bite day. I fished panfish in the morning and we caught a lot of sunnies and crappies. Sunfish were from small to half pound. kept 10 from 1/3 - 1/2 pound. Crappies were from 10 -13 inches, all released, only caught about 10 crappies, maybe 100 sunnies. Son and I went for walleyes last night. Set up in seven feet of water, gemeneye hooks on set lines and go devils for jigging. we caught seven from 17 - 22 inches and missed several. Also caught a couple about 6 inches, looks good for the future.

Talked to my cousin fishing another lake, He caught and released three walleyes, over 27 inches, no keepers, but did managee three crappies over 13 inches.

My brother also called after moving his house, and had caught about fifteen crappies, keeping a limit of fish over 12 inches, also released a 22 inch walleye.

Other reports from fishermen I talked to today were predominantly good to great! Another thing is being the mid-week, there was very little traffic. I'd let you know where, but I want to keep the traffic down, that and I don't take a gps with me!

Keep the encouraging reports coming!! Have a blast fishing and be adventurous! Brent