• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Musky Fishing in Sababskong Bay

Hey guys, I am planning a trip up to LOTW sometime in the summer and was wondering a few questions. I am a newbie to the musky fishing and to the lake, so any help is appreciated. One is there a specific time in the summer when the fishing seams better? Ex. full moon? Also I will be staying in the morson area. Does anyone have some suggestions for that time of the year? Im not expecting anyone to give me their hot spots but just looking for a basic game plan. Also are there any must have lures I need to bring up? Thanks for the help!

Sledman,

I fish Sabaskong Bay 3-4 times a year, but I stay in Nestor falls which is the Eastern part of the bay. I don't make it out by Raspberry very often (too far). The farthest I usually go is Horseshoe Island. If you are staying in Morson, and willing to take a longer boat ride (approx. 45-65 mins) I would suggest taking the South Track to Nestor Falls. Go into bay with Nestor Falls and pitch white bucktails right into the rushing water. We have pulled nice muskies out of there. All year long. Otherwise, I would suggest using white buzz baits in weedy bays, but pull the buzz bait slow enough that it does not stay on top of the water. Sounds weird but it works. Almost all of the nice muskies we have caught have been on white lures. You could try Stony and Stevens bays. We usually do better on Northerns than Muskies back there, but worth a shot if nothing close is happening. If you are new to the lake, make sure you are paying attention on the way out to your spots. It is very easy to get turned around and lost.

Good luck.

I have had most of my luck for Muskies in late summer and during the Fall. Morson is a great place to go for Muskie fishing. Lots of fish and lots of places to catch them. Any of the resorts in the Morson area are excellent and will do their best to get you on some fish.

I love the title of this thread!!! Musky fishing in Sabaskong is great. I've been doing it for about 18 years now and have seen some awesome fish. Check out Buena Vista Resort. Great bunch of people and can put you on fish. But like what was said earlier, there are a lot of great resorts in the area. Good luck to you and enjoy!!!