• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill "Portable"

NW angler

I made a sled for a suitcase style Frabill portable. It slides good but piles snow up in the front as I drag it. I am considering making a toboggon (sp?) style front for it so it will slide up over the snow instead of dragging it. Anyone have a simple way to do this? I thought of maybe thin sheet metal or plastic that I can bend up in the right shape, but am not sure how workable that would be. Thanks ahead for any help.

I would just jack up the current model. give yourself some more clearance. It's tough to make it so it doesnt push snow. You could try sheetmetal or plastic but I think in fluffy snow it doesnt matter, it will still push snow. Put a 4X4 or 4X6 between the pallet and each ski on the sled you have now and it should get better, I would think, unless you are pulling it through a couple feet of snow.

Jim43, I think I can pull off some of my pallet to get to where yours is, hopefully it will still hold together. I'll give it a try anyway. Thank you for the great pictures and thanks to Farley and Dietz for your suggestions.

Quote:

Jim43, I think I can pull off some of my pallet to get to where yours is, hopefully it will still hold together. I'll give it a try anyway. Thank you for the great pictures and thanks to Farley and Dietz for your suggestions.

I did add some 1x2"stringers to add support under the

fishhouse. measured the sled slots and placed for guides

making it easier to get it on and off. Plus added a deck

piece in front of the auger to hold the minnow bucket.

Good luck. wink.gif

Yeah, that sure would be tough with this sled. I had a cool idea that might work though in deep snow. Anyone see those

new style inflatable one man cat boats that use pontoon style floats. wonder how well these would slide across the deeper snow with a load on them. Sure would be interested to see it done. Have thought about buying one for summer fishing along with my kayak.

I've got a sled a lot like jim's and use it for a frabill suitcase portable like nw angler described. Usually when the snow packs in a little better the skis will ride up on top of the snow. We just lie the house on top of the 2x4 frame and then the rest of our geer on top of the house. The only problem is keeping the house on the sled whenever there's an incline or decline we need to go over.