• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Hot Streak on Road???

solbes

What's this??? It's like they have a completely different identity on the road now. They've played strong at home all year, but seemed to be destined for consecutive road losses.

Is it Gabby? Is it Manny? I don't really know, but I guess it doesn't really matter. If they can keep the strong play at home and manage .400 - .500 hockey on the road they could get back to the playoffs. They're still in the Western top 8.

I think it is a combo platter. Guys feel a little less pressure to score now that Gabs is back, and in turn the goalies maybe feel they do not have to make every single save because they now know the game is never over because Gabs and his line could pop one at any given moment. Either way, it is about time-long overdue! (a little luck, like the biscuit clanking off our post with less than a minute left in OT, never hurts, either...).

Some buddies and I flew down for Sunday nights game. We were a little nervous after the 1st period, then when the hawks came out and score 2 right away in the 2nd period I thought the Wild were going to fall back into their old ways. Manny saved our butts in the that game. The hawks had twice as many shots on goal and seemed to always be on our end....Not good! So I would have to give Manny the praise right now. On a side note, could not believe how empty the United Center was for a hockey game! Gotta love the Xcel Center and the energy the crowd has in that place. grin.gif