• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Time to "Oh Canada!" Fishing trip

I travel quite a bit to fish mostly to Florida, TX, and Midwest, but this year I am going to try Ontario.

There are a 1000 lodges and lakes to choose from and they all sound good, but, I need some honest assessments.

I dont care for DEEP Lakes, or deep fishing (25-35 ft), mostly a LMB and SMB guy that likes to hook up with a Northern every now and then. I'll take a few walleye as well. Mostly artificials but will do live bait.

I really dont care for BIG open water lakes. Bad weather can stop you from boating/fishing. So, maybe a nice lake with coves, banks, islands, rockpiles, etc.

Thoughts?

I would be happy to discuss my favorite "secret" LMB destination in Florida for some feedback! HINT: You can't be afraid of Alligators!

Thanks!

Sounds like Rainy Lake/Rainy River is the place for you, maybe LOTW? Check those forums and you should find everything you need to know. Into canoeing? Check out the Quetico Park. Lots of options here, going to Minnitaki myself for the first time for the opener.

Ontario why not, but don't overlook Manitoba, it has a lot to offer todays angler! For information on a Manitoba angling adventure checkout Travel Manitoba.com, there you will find loads of informative information on a multitude of of great fishing camps just waiting to serve you and look after all your needs.