• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Great service on Strikemaster auger!!!

stpauliguy

So... I went outta town mid december for 3 weeks. Before I left changed spark plug in snowblower and auger. Started the blower and then tried the auger and.. whoops the rope broke. So had to leave it. When I returned thought about doing it myself but thought itd be too much trouble so looked up Strikemaster HSOforum and called couple small engine shops to get prices. They were looking for $50-60 for the recoil. Well I thought that was a bit much and called Strikemaster in Big Lake. Was given a # to a shop in New Brighton called D-Rock. By now I figured if im bringing it in might look at getting carb done as well. So to make this story no longer.. I got it recoiled, carb rebuilt, (some new parts, inc gas hose,etc.) a new blade, (with my old one back), and a blade guard. Total = $75 including parts labor and tax. Runs like its brand new!! Brought a tear to my eye. Thought any Strikemaster owners would be interested. Couldnt be happier. Ice here I come!!!

Wonder if they'll take their show on the road or branch out to the North a little ways. It would be comforting to know to have this great service closer by.

Would you mind posting that phone number for strikemaster in Big Lake...maybe they know someone up North here?

No emergencies just yet. But just in case when THAT day comes. I've had mine for 6/7 years now and still runs great. It starts, drills and starts again each year and that's all I ask.

I got the numbers wrote down for quick reference. Thank you.

I just want to second the great service at D-Rock. A few years ago I bought a used Strikemaster and it blew a piston after a bit of use. I brought it there and it was around $100 for the parts and they only charged $20 for labor to install a new shortblock, including a tuneup and a couple other parts.