• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ducker

Warn winch problem

I just bought a used Arctic Cat 400 and the warn winch isn't working. It will spin and reel in as long as there is no pressure but once pressured is applied is stops. Winch motor continues to run though. Any thoughts

I'm not 100% sure, but I beleive the was a post a while back about a recall on the warn winch. Do a search and see if it comes up. Or you might be able to contact Warn customer service. Hope this helps a little.

Sounds like maybe the free spool knob is not fully

re-engaging. Try pushing in on it while running the winch motor. Spoometimes if not serviced and lubricated they bind up.

Thanks jiggin-matt. I don't think that recall is the problem. It runs.

Thanks Macguyver55. Didn't get the manual on the winch when I bought the used ATV. I'll check it out.

The recall for for the contactor.

Warn has all of the winch manuals available for download on their HSOforum.

Yeah sounds like the clutch/freespool mechanism if you hear it working but not delivering power, I found it odd that the lever is plastic. I'm sure Warn would back it to if its not too old. Also yeah the recall was on the electrical contactor, hope you get it figured out.