• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
colonel42

electrical ?

I need to know what size wire I need to buy for connecting a subpanel to my exsisting 100 amp service. My electricain is on vacation and just want to buy it for him when he returns. Thanks for any info.

I just did this to my 100 amp panel, but I don't know what size it is. I will look tonight and let you know in the morning.

You need to tell us what size is the sub panel, 30amp,60amp?

Copper, aluminum? I am assuming you will be running some sort of NM cable, or is it in pipe? (The last part really doesn't have to do with wire size, just the type of wire.)

Is it a long distance away? Bigger wire is less voltage drop.

It is a 100 amp subpanel. Located three inches from my main . I will be putting in a 50 amp breaker in my main and feeding my sub panel off that. In the sub panel there will be a 30 amp breaker to run my sauna stove which draws 30 amp plus two 15 amps for lights.

Quote:

I need to know what size wire I need to buy for connecting a subpanel to my exsisting 100 amp service. My electricain is on vacation and just want to buy it for him when he returns. Thanks for any info.

For the few feet of wire he would need I would think he would have it on his truck. ? just adding 2 15 and a 30amp no room in the main panel for this.

No offense ment at all, just let him pick up the wire-he can purchace it in bulk and it would be cheaper than you going into any warehouse store and buying it.

Nope nothing in his truck. He works at the mines. I bought #8-3 and hooked it up last night. Found a great site on the web that give detailed information and also pictures. Accually a pretty easy thing to do. Plus had a buddy who is an electrician watch me do it. Going to fire up the sauna tonight and try it out. Thanks to all for the helpful info.